Benefits of Pilates
The Pilates method allows for different exercises to be adapted or modified in range of difficulty from beginner to advanced level, and also in terms of the individual's specific goals and/or limitations.
The method was developed by Joseph Pilates, born in Germany in 1880, who devised a system of exercises which were intended to strengthen the human mind and body. He called his new approach to exercise and body conditioning ‘Contrology’.
Regular Pilates practice can help to:
* Improve posture and balance
* Increase muscle tone, strength and flexibility
* Improve joint mobility
* Alleviate back pain
* Flatten and tone the stomach
* Promote good breathing technique
* Improve circulation
* Relieve stress and tension